Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Extra, Extra! Wreath All About It!

It's done! I actually finished a project. That's something new for me as I tend to like to start things, get bored, then not finish them. Here is my first completed wreath that I wrote about here. This is on our front door now and will stay until it's time for our Christmas decorations to go up.

I've got a similar wreath in the works for Christmas. Our tree this year will be decorated in teal, red and cream. I have lots of handmade ornaments in the works and will be able to show you some soon. My Christmas wreath will also be in teal, red and cream. I've got the felt and need to start making my flowers soon. On this next wreath I want to mix some different styles of felt flowers. I've been scanning Pinterest for DIY flower projects and have found plenty to try.
These wreaths are easy and fun to make. All you need is a hot glue gun and some inexpensive felt. A couple of weeks ago I tried my hand a making resin papers and decided to make the leaves for this wreath out of that. I like the look of old and new.

I'm starting on some handmade ornaments today and have had my boys making some things as well. I'll share more soon!

3 comments:

SueBeads said...

Really cute, Cristi, I'm glad you posted about it!

Mary said...

Cristi I love this...great job!!

Heather Wynn Millican said...

I LOVE how it turned out and the buttons are so cute! Your Christmas tree sounds delightful! I look forward to seeing more updates :)