Friday, July 22, 2011

300th Post and an Update



If I still have any readers out there, welcome to my 300th Post! I've been absent and neglectful of my blog over the past few months. All for good reason though. Family, art shows, daily doings and rest. The two collages above sum up my existence over the past few months. That's my show booth set-up at our local Riverside Arts Market. I have my last show coming up there on August 13th.

The other collage shows where the rest of my time has gone. My 2 boys take up quite a bit of Mom's time during our days. Summer vacation has gone smoothly and I have been able to keep them busy with crafts, movies and trips to Barnes and Noble so that they can enjoy the Thomas the Train play table in the Kids section. I've also been keeping busy each week making new jewelry for my shows and have thrown in some sewing time on those new Wonky Log Cabin blocks. Not sure what I'm going to do with them just yet, pillows or a wall-hanging maybe?

I'm glad to be back to blogging and hope that I haven't sacrificed TOO many readers in my absence? I hope to share more in the coming days and weeks before my oldest starts Kindergarten in August.

I've been keeping my camera and iPhone and close to capture quick moments of our lives to share. I'll keep crafting and creating and I hope that I can post about things of interest to you all. If there's anything you'd like to see or read about here, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment. I'd love some ideas for ways to make my blog more interesting to my readers!

8 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Hey, I'm still here Cristi! Life in the moment is much more important than blogging, especially those handsome little boys of yours. Enjoy the rest of your summer. It will be over before you can blink.

somethingunique said...

Hi Cristi, i think we are all in the same place right now with summer holidays and kidlets, shows and such, i've been missing blogging too. Glad your summer is going well take care & enjoy the rest of your summer!
ttfn Lana ;)

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Thanks LeAnn and Lana! So glad to hear from you both!

TesoriTrovati said...

Hey Miss Cristi! I am right here with you! I have been mostly absent this month in particular. I think I only blog once per week in the summer. That might be about the limit for me. You are doing EXACTLY what you need to be doing. I think that the feeling that you HAVE to blog is the reason that I don't do it more. (And oddly enough, I usually pick up a follower or two when I don't blog much!). Glad that summer is treating you fine.
Enjoy the day!
Erin
P.S. If someone leaves because they haven't seen you in awhile then they aren't true bloggy friends in my opinion!

stregata said...

Glad to hear you are doing well, Christi! You are right to savour the time with your boys - they will be grown far too soon...

Vesna Jovicic said...

Beautiful, prelepo :))).

Cillaw said...

Hi Cristi!
I was just thinking I should check out your blog. I didn't know you had a hiatus. I think you must be my twin. I am happy to have found a new blog to follow.

Cilla
www.tellyourgirlfriends.com

Cindy said...

Hi Cristi
Just like the others, I agree, summertime is just too busy and full of fun out to worry about blogging too much! :-) I've definitely cut down because there is so much going on ...beaches to visit, all of that good stuff! Your pictures with your boys are adorable. One of my nephews turned 5 today and he'll start Kindergarten in the Fall too (he lives near you, I believe). :-)